Promark's most durable Classic 5A ever. FireGrain is a revolutionary heat-tempering process that transforms ordinary hickory drumsticks into precision tools with unprecedented durability. While keeping their original weight, balance, and attack, Promark FireGrain sticks allow drummers to hit harder and play longer, naturally. No excess vibration, no space age gimmicks, just natural hickory, hardened by flame.
- Hickory is the most popular wood choice for drumsticks due to its resilience, responsiveness, durability, and classic feel
- FireGrain – a revolutionary heat-tempering process that transforms ordinary hickory drumsticks into precision tools with unprecedented durability.
- Oval wood tip provides a dark, warm tone suited for multiple applications
- All Promark drumsticks are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA at our Texas facility to the most stringent quality controls in the industry
Model: Fire Grain
Tip Material: Wood
Tip Shape: Oval
Tips: Oval wooden tips
Length: 16" (40.64 cm)
Diameter: .551" (1.40 cm)
Weight in g: 50,0 g
Wood has been naturally hardened via a tempering process, which has thomann no effect on the sticks' weight and balance
0.551" | 1.4cm
16" | 40.64cm
Taper affects the feel and balance of a stick.
A LONG TAPER produces a Back-Heavy Feel with more Flex and Faster Response.
ASHORT TAPER provides More Power and Durability with a Front Heavy Feel.
A MEDIUM TAPER gives you the best Balance between the Butt and the Tip
- Material: HICKORY
- Surface coating: just natural hickory, hardened by flame.
Tip shape and material have a big Impact on the sound a drum stick produces.
Within each tip shape, it is helpful to know that a
VERY LARGE SURFACE AREA will Create a Dark, Rich Sound,
VERY SMALL SURFACE AREA will Produce a Light Sound with Clear Definition.
- Type: WOOD
- Shape: OVAL